General Manager - Somerset
Lovington, Castle Cary, Somerset
Founded in 1989, Beechdean Ice Cream Group is now considered the 3rd Largest Ice Cream Manufacturer in the UK. A privately-owned business committed to ensuring that it always delivers excellent products to its clients and customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Manager with vast Technical knowledge or a Technical Manager who is looking for their next challenge. This is a Stand alone site with support from The Group Logistics, Raw material purchasing, Planner, head of Technical, specialist engineering and HR.
Key Duties include:
The General Manager will be responsible for the day to day running of the factory along with the Technical aspect of the Site and will ensure that all Safety, Quality, Continuous improvement and best practice expectations are delivered. This position requires hands on leadership.
• Provide Site leadership across Production and Technical functions.
• Ensure the supporting aspects ( i.e. Warehouse) are all operated to Beechdean standards
• Ensure compliance with company safety policy, legislation and safe working practices and drive safety awareness and the Site HACCP procedures are followed.
• Develop and track improvement in the efficient use of direct labour, indirect labour and material resources. KPI reporting and actioning of resulting actions.
• Assist in motivating and engaging staff to achieve their full potential & commitment, acting as first point of contact for day-to-day issues and ensuring cascade of communication to all levels
• Ensure factory is clean and ready to start production at the beginning of the week and at the start of every day, correct machine configuration is in place for the day’s planned production and freezer start up; ensure efficient running of all machinery, reporting any faults that require maintenance
• Proactive in the delivery and control of all matters relating to food safety, quality, compliance and adherence to specification.
• Lead all customer, regulatory and accreditation audits and visits.
• Management with the central Technical team of site specific complaint investigations.
• Participate in risk assessments for all production areas.
• Be prepared for travelling to the Chester site for quarterly meetings, training requirements and annual reviews.
The successful candidate will have:
• Previous experience of working within a food manufacturing environment
• Proven experience and competency of supervising and training others
• Exceptional Leadership and interpersonal Skills
• Excellent working knowledge of BRC, HACCPand TACCP
• Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously and prioritise effectively
• Good planning and organisational skills
• The ability to implement change, motivate and be supportive to others.
• Willingness to be flexible, be self-reliant and a team player
What we can offer you:
• Supportive colleagues
• 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays plus 1 additional day for each year (up to a maximum of 24) pro-rata.
• Birthday and Longevity Bonus
• Pension contribution
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then send your CV to HRBDN@beechdean.co.uk. We would love to hear from you.