PRODUCTION OPERATIVES - Tattenhall, Cheshire
Beechdean began producing high quality Dairy Ice Cream in 1989 from their family farm in the heart of the Chiltern Hills. Constantly improving, it is now a multi site, high quality, market leading organisation, manufacturing Ice Cream in the UK.
We are now in a position to offer a number of Production Operatives the opportunity to join the Beechdean family at our Cheshire site, at this exciting time, as we move into another chapter of evolvement.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the main purpose will be to manufacture finished products according to recipes, written procedures, production plans and HACCP in an efficient and safe manner and to become multi skilled and flexible to cover all the jobs in the production process and quality control at the Beechdean site.
Main responsibilities require an understanding of all Beechdean standards in the production of ice cream and related products. All activities will be carried out within the scope of all policies and procedures of the group, in adherence of a safe and hygienically controlled environment.
• Maintain high standards of hygiene and housekeeping at all times according to the Hygiene procedures ‘HP’ to keep the working environment clean and safe and to ensure the manufacturing of safe products.
• Undertake the different manufacturing tasks in order to manufacture quality and safe products according to the production plan “PP” and HACCP
• Implement and follow the Production procedures “PP” and HACCP in place on a day to day basis
• Make up packaging ready for production according to the daily plan
• Clean and sanitise all equipment/machinery prior to and after use in accordance with cleaning schedules
• Keep packaging levels topped up in filling machines when running
• Pack tubs according to the plan
• Report any faults on process or equipment to the Production Manager.
• Liaise with Production Manager regarding break times
• Offer help to the Production Manager at all spare times to assist the team
• Check production weights throughout production and notify Production Manager of any adjustments required and/or any problems
• Carry out metal detector tests
• Complete production paperwork/due diligence records in a correct and readable manner to ensure total Traceability according to the “Traceability” procedure
• When applicable to a specific allocated task, respect the procedures in place to control CCPs
• Work in a safe manner and follow the Health & Safety policy and procedures
• Respect and follow the COSHH regulations and working procedures
• Carry out any other task requested by Production Manager, or as necessary from time to time, as commensurate with the role
• Respect all pre-requisite procedures in place.
We offer a very competitive package and incentives for development. If you are interested in joining us, please send your CV to Janet Bullock HR Manager, Beechdean Dairy Ice Cream, Harvest House, Newton Lane, Tattenhall, Chester CH3 9NE or email Janet.B@beechdean.co.uk