Production Shift Manager - Tattenhall
Production Shift Manager
Founded in 1989, Beechdean Ice Cream Group is now considered the 3rd Largest Ice Cream Manufacturer in the UK. A privately-owned business committed to ensuring that it always delivers excellent products to its clients and customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Production Shift Manager or an individual with experience of running a production line in a larger organisation who is perhaps looking for their next challenge.
Key Duties include:
You will ensure that all aspects of manufacturing are carried out in accordance with H&S requirements and to the highest possible quality standards. You will guarantee that manufacturing remains a smooth and efficient process by monitoring staff and workflow. You will have the ability to recognise manufacturing inefficiencies and have the courage to drive change.
• Ensure that all staff follow the HACCP procedures; to ensure that plant and equipment is cleaned according to the agreed hygiene schedules. Liaise with the Technical Department on audit corrections, improvements and any product, process & quality system issues
• Ensure compliance with company safety policy, legislation and safe working practices and drive safety awareness.
• Ensure factory is clean and ready to start production at the beginning of the week and at the start of every day, correct machine configuration is in place for the day’s planned production and freezer start up; ensure efficient running of all machinery, reporting any faults that require maintenance
• Ensure mixes are flavoured & transferred according to the plan and recipes; deliver the product specification and ethos of the products in the most efficient way possible and assist with NPD & product trials as required
• Assist in motivating and engaging staff to achieve their full potential & commitment, acting as first point of contact for day-to-day issues and ensuring cascade of communication to all levels
• Ensure sufficient numbers of trained staff and manage cover for breaks, absence and holidays
• Identify any training needs and plan to meet these
• Participate in risk assessments for all production areas.
• Recommend improvements in Safety where needed and escalate any safety issues to the General Manager.
The successful candidate will have:
• Previous experience of working within a food manufacturing environment
• Proven experience and competency of supervising and training others
• Exceptional Leadership Skills
• Excellent Knowledge of food production process
• A good understanding of food safety
• Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously and prioritise effectively
• Good planning and organisational skills
• Motivation and drive to achieve goals and targets
• Willingness to be flexible, be self-reliant and a team player
What we can offer you:
• Supportive colleagues
• 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays plus 1 additional day for each year (up to a maximum of 24) pro-rata.
• Birthday and Longevity Bonus
• Pension contribution
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then send your CV to HRBDN@beechdean.co.uk. We would love to hear from you.