Production Line Supervisor - Tattenhall
Production Line Supervisor
Founded in 1989, Beechdean Ice Cream Group is now considered the 3rd Largest Ice Cream Manufacturer in the UK. A privately-owned business committed to ensuring that it always delivers excellent products to its clients and customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Production Supervisor or an individual with experience of running a production line in a larger organisation who is perhaps looking for their next challenge.
Key Duties include:
You will ensure that all aspects of manufacturing are carried out in accordance with H&S requirements and to the highest possible quality standards. You will guarantee that manufacturing remains a smooth and efficient process by monitoring staff and workflow. You will have the ability to recognise manufacturing inefficiencies and have the courage to drive change.
• Ensure that all staff follow the HACCP procedures; to ensure that plant and equipment is cleaned according to the agreed hygiene schedules. Liaise with the Technical Department on audit corrections, improvements and any product, process & quality system issues
• Ensure due diligence and that all paperwork is completed accurately and on time
• Complete quality, weight & temperature checks to minimise waste.
• Ensure factory is clean and ready to start production at the beginning of the week and at the start of every day, correct machine configuration is in place for the day’s planned production and freezer start up; ensure efficient running of all machinery, reporting any faults that require maintenance
• Ensure mixes are flavoured & transferred according to the plan and recipes; deliver the product specification and ethos of the products in the most efficient way possible and assist with NPD & product trials as required
• Assist in motivating and engaging staff to achieve their full potential & commitment, acting as first point of contact for day-to-day issues and ensuring cascade of communication to all levels
The successful candidate will have:
• Previous experience of working within a food manufacturing environment
• Experience and competency of supervising others
• Knowledge of food production process
• A good understanding of food safety
• Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously and prioritise effectively
• Good planning and organisational skills
• Motivation and drive to achieve goals and targets
• Willingness to be flexible, be self-reliant and a team player
What we can offer you:
• Supportive colleagues
• 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays plus 1 additional day for each year (up to a maximum of 24) pro-rata.
• Birthday and Longevity Bonus
• Pension contribution
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then send your CV to HRBDN@beechdean.co.uk. We would love to hear from you.