QC - Tattenhall
Founded in 1989, Beechdean Ice Cream Group is now considered the 3rd Largest Ice Cream Manufacturer in the UK. A privately-owned business committed to ensuring that it always delivers excellent products to its clients and customers.
We currently have two vacancies for a QC at our Tattenhall Site.
Key Duties include
• Assist in maintaining the quality and HACCP systems in place and make sure they are followed in the factory.
• Undertake CCP monitoring as required
• Carry out glass/foreign body audits
• Carry out product quality checks
• Completed, check, and maintain all due diligence production quality records
• Carry out weekly calibration of probes, scales, tanks, and other equipment.
• Carry out daily calibration of measuring equipment.
• Inspect equipment and production areas before production and after cleaning
• Carry out daily swabbing - (Listeria, ATP, Environmental and Allergen).
• Preparation of environmental samples for laboratory analysis.
• Preparation of finished product samples for laboratory analysis
• Raise non-conformances for out of specification finished product, ATP swabs, ingredients and production issues and feed back to all relevant managers.
• Train production staff on quality procedures
• Manage and update product photo standards as required
• Manage factory paperwork, re issue updated documentation, and train out accordingly
• Assist in factory trials of new products and first production runs
• Create and update case labels as required and liaise with product specification team for approval.
• Assist in preparation for audits such as BRC and Customer Audits
• Attend production/technical meetings and feedback issues.
• Internal auditor trained (preferable)
The successful candidate will have:
• Previous experience of working within a food/FMCG environment and BRC Food Safety standards (desirable but not essential)
• HACCP trained (minimum Level 2)
• Food Safety trained (minimum level 2)
• A proactive approach, with a willingness to learn and develop.
• An analytical mindset, together with strong interpersonal and communication skills and a positive attitude, are essential to fit into our culture
• Ability to support production teams to meet plan while ensuring that company food safety and quality policies, procedures and processes are adhered to.
• Have strong communication skills and be able to support internal teams on quality-related matters
• Ability to work in a logical, structured approach with very good attention to detail.
What we can offer you:
• Supportive colleagues
• 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays plus 1 additional day for each year (up to a maximum of 24) pro-rata.
• Birthday and Longevity Bonus
• Pension contribution
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then send your CV to HRBDN@beechdean.co.uk. We would love to hear from you.