Facilities Technician - Tattenhall
Beechdean is a long standing, family run, successful ice cream manufacturer based in West Cheshire. Situated in rural Tattenhall we supply good quality ice cream throughout the UK and beyond. Continuously improving and supporting the family ethos, the site is on a journey of improvements.
The purpose of our Facilities Technician is to support the Head of Factory Engineering and Continuous Improvement in providing reactive and pre planned maintenance services, encompassing building fabric, grounds maintenance, housekeeping and specific engineering services, carried out to the highest of standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Working in line with Health and Safety policy. Ensuring safe systems of work are always adopted whilst creating a safe working environment for colleagues.
• Ensure compliance with all processes and procedures, statutory requirements and engineering standards.
• Provide planned and reactive maintenance service as instructed, ensuring that operational standards, process and procedures are followed.
• Proactively update department heads regarding the status of incomplete planned and reactive tasks.
• Provide general building fabric maintenance and repairs.
• Carry out grounds maintenance works when require to ensure sites are kept in good order, to include but not limited to: litter picking, grass cutting and edge trimming, pruning bushes, shrubs and hedges, clear fences, railings, walls and gates of weeds, moss, algae and other inappropriate growth, and to clear roads, paths, car parks and other hard standing of weeds, moss algae, debris and leaves.
• Clear surface drains and gullies of obstruction and ensure they are fully effective.
• Ensure the boundaries, roadways, parking areas etc including signage, are visible and no overhanging plants are present.
• Maintaining aspects of the HVAC system by changing filters and performing routine maintenance and inspection.
Requirements and Skills
• Ability to constructively challenge established thinking and implement new practices
• Diligent, with an eye for quality and attention to detail
• Proven experience of facilities maintenance
• Experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment
• Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems
• Basic Mathematic skills
• Good communication ability
• Well organised and adept in problem solving
• Trade qualification beneficial
If you are energetic and motivated, with the ability to work on your own as well as within a team and have good time management skills prioritising tasks in order to get the job done, you are what we are looking for.
If you feel this could be your next position and are interested in joining the family, please send your CV to Janet Bullock HR Manager, Beechdean Manufacturing Ltd, Harvest House, Newton Lane, Tattenhall, Chester CH3 9NE or email Janet.B@beechdean.co.uk